Thursday, July 10, 2008

Patio Lovelies :D


This is my new patio lovely :) It was born out of a need to be able to hang the beautiful, yet fragile windchimes the boys gave me for Mother's Day. I was looking for a shepards hook I could somehow rig to sit on the patio, so they wouldn't get beaten in the wind...when I saw a trellis just like the one I already had at Blain's Farm and Fleet...The scrolls on the sides were perfect! Then I thought, plant it in a big pot and get a vine to grow up it. This honeysuckle (I found out its yellow, mom) was just right for that, since they smell so awesome!
Then I thought, with a lovely plant, I should brush the cobwebs off the house, sweep the patio and put out some chairs so we can enjoy the mornings listening to the chimes and smelling the honeysuckle :) So, these folding chairs fit the bill. I have a plant stand and a spare stepping stone to make a makeshift table until I get a permanent one.I had some amethyst a friend dropped at my house (still waiting for her to decide what to do with all that quartz she left me :)) so I thought the faeries would love the amethyst and the amethyst would love the dirt.
This is the sign next to the door on the porch...I love this sign!

No comments: