Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Stone People

My friend and I went playing out in nature...we had a purpose, but we ended up just enjoying the nature spirits instead. I felt very connected, and with I had the drive to go out in the car and do this regularly...but I have to put it on my list of things to do...that's what you do with a family. Anywho! Tina and I came to this place, she said to me, you want to see something beautiful? I sat outside the gravel pit in my car wondering what I could possibly see that was so pretty? She said it's on top of that hill right there...so we, who were so rightly dressed in sandles, with no backs...plodding up a very steep hill, set about finding this beauty.

At first, I looked around and it was pretty, but then I felt urged to check out the rock itself. When I did, I saw all the faces in the rock, looking right AT US. Not just hey we're a bunch of faces, or what looks like faces...but faces looking at US. It was amazing. There were faces from many different walks of life in that rock. My favorite two ladies are in the top picture. They are definitely Native American. But there were all sorts of ancient faces, and I was worried that taking a picture of them they would disapear...but you can still see them! Or can you? Can you? If so, how many can you see...Let me know!




No comments: